Quality Family and Cosmetic Dentistry for Healthy Smiles by Dr. Michael Lum
Family dentistry always has been our priority and we understand the uniqueness of every member. Our full-spectrum of services provide comprehensive quality care for the entire family. We are dedicated to take care of your oral health and emphasize on personalized dentistry to restore your mouth’s overall health. We make every effort in making your dental visits as comfortable and convenient as possible.
Our Family and Cosmetic Dentistry services include:
Our dental clinic offers a full spectrum of family and cosmetic dental services for all age groups to improve the overall appearance and oral health of our patients:
- Dental Cleanings: Dental cleaning or prophylaxis is a preventive treatment against cavities, gingivitis, and periodontal disease. It also prevents dementia, heart diseases and complications of diabetes. Cleaning is performed by dental hygienists and involves the removal of dental plaque, tartar, stain, debris, and calculus.
- Preventive Dentistry: Preventive dentistry begins at home and involves proper brushing, flossing, and scrubbing. One should take good care of the teeth and maintain a good oral health by regular dental visits. Dental hygienists reinforce the home-care regimen by educational and preventive services. It helps in avoiding cavities; gum diseases enamel wear and more.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a cosmetic procedure that lightens teeth to brighten the smile. Dentists use a bleaching agent that breaks down the stains into smaller pieces, which reduces discoloration. A brighter smile is a sign of good oral health and improved self-esteem. One can visit the dentist for an in-office procedure or purchase a kit for an at-home treatment.
- Composite Filling: Composite fillings are made of ceramic and acrylic resin. The decayed or affected portion of the tooth is removed and a composite filling is used to restore it. They are also used for cosmetic improvements for a better and brighter smile. Disfigured and crooked teeth can also be restored using composite fillings. Durability, insulation, and resistance to fracture are the primary benefits.
- Porcelain Veneers: Dental veneers or porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells of ceramic that are used to recreate the natural look of teeth. It is an irreversible procedure to improve the size, shape, and color of teeth to give gleaming white and perfectly aligned teeth. They provide a lustrous smile by mimicking the light reflecting the property of natural teeth. They also correct teeth with gaps, chips, and stains.
- Porcelain crowns or bridges: Porcelain crowns and bridges are prosthetic devices that are cemented onto implants or existing teeth. Crowns and bridges improve the appearance, shape, and alignment and cover spaces caused by missing teeth. Porcelain blends seamlessly and replicates both form and function of original teeth. Longevity, durability and aesthetic properties make it the most widely used restorative solution.
- Porcelain inlays & onlays: Porcelain inlays and onlays are custom made and shaped natural looking filling inserted in a cavity. These are durable and stain resistant, which provides better aesthetic appearance than metal or amalgam fillings. Once inserted, these bond strongly with the decayed tooth and provide it strength. They are durable and long lasting.
- Restorative Dentistry: Restorative dentistry or oral rehabilitation is an interdisciplinary approach to achieve the restoration of the dentition to functional and aesthetic requirements of an individual. It is a combination of Endodontics, Periodontics, and Prosthodontics to achieve optimum dental health. Services include root canals, extractions, and crown and bridge replacement.
- Periodontics: It is the branch of dentistry that specializes in the treatment and maintenance of the supporting structures of the teeth such as gums, cementum, periodontal membranes, and alveolar bone. They treat gum inflammation, pain, bleeding and also perform cosmetic periodontal procedures.
- Endodontics: It is a branch of dentistry that deals with the physiology, morphology, and pathology of the soft tissues surrounding the root of the teeth. An endodontist performs complex procedures around the teeth. Injuries caused to teeth due to trauma can be treated and the teeth can be restored.
- Invisible braces: Invisible braces or clear aligners are a cosmetic alternative to metallic braces for straight teeth. They are a perfect solution for adults with crooked and wide-spaced teeth. Theses braces provide high-level comfort and a natural feel to the mouth. They are transparent, smooth, hygienic, affordable, and cause no speech inhibitions.
- Dental implants: Dental implants are titanium posts that act as an artificial substitute for the lost tooth. They are a long term solution (up to 20 years) for the people who want to get rid of unstable dentures and missing teeth. A dental implant improves oral health, appearance, comfort, and confidence.
- Orthodontic Dentistry: It is a surgical specialty, which involves diagnosis and treatment of diseases, injuries, and defects associated with the inner tissue of teeth (oral) and head, face and jaw region (maxillofacial). The procedures cover implanting teeth, complex jaw reconstruction, snoring and sleep apnea and facial cosmetic surgery. It utilizes advanced 3D imaging techniques.
- Oral & Maxillofacial surgery: This branch specializes in correcting the positioning of the teeth. Crooked teeth can cause headaches, are hard to keep clean and so can be easily lost to decay and other periodontal diseases. The treatment provides a healthy mouth, better appearance, and preservation of teeth
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving the appearance of your smile in addition to function. It includes treatment procedures that can restore the following:
- Improve the size, shape, and alignment of teeth
- Correct unattractive space between teeth
- Restore chipped, broken or cracked teeth
- Improve or correct bites
- Lighten and brighten color of teeth
- Replace missing teeth
- Replace old dental restorations
Why choose Family & Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment by Dr. Michael Lum?
If you are looking for quality cosmetic and dental care for your family, following reasons will fulfill all your needs:
- Wide range of treatment options available to meet every patient’s dental needs
- Highest quality care using the latest advances in dentistry
- Minimally invasive, state-of-the-art dental procedures
- Focus on preserving the natural tooth
- Preventive dentistry
- Individualized approach
- Comfortable & relaxed environment
- Convenient office hours
- Flexible appointment scheduling
Advantages of Family & Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment at Milpitas family dental practice
- Restore and enhance the natural beauty of your smile
- Long lasting smile
- Look younger
- Get a more aesthetically pleasing personality
- Boost your self-confidence
- Our treatment will surely make you smile more often and more confidently
Let’s join hands to make sound decisions about the dental and oral healthcare for you and your family. Call at (408)262-1710 or visit Dr. Michael Lum at his family and cosmetic dental office in Milpitas, CA.