Have you ever looked at the mirror and wished your teeth were aligned better so that you could have had a great smile? You’re not alone, as several thousands of Americans suffer from malocclusion, or in simpler words, bad bite. It is one of the major oral issues in individuals belonging to all age groups and a prime reason why patients seek professional dental attention.
Orthodontics is a special branch of dentistry that deals with the treatment of malocclusion. The advancements in this field have produced a revolutionary appliance to correct misaligned teeth, which is both aesthetically pleasing and highly effective. We would like to present to you ClearCorrect, the virtually invisible aligner.
What is ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect is an orthodontic aligner which is a brilliant alternative to conventional dental braces. It is made from dental-grade clear plastic and hence, does a great job of staying hidden when you wear it. The plastic material used to make it, though tender on the gums and soft tissues of the mouth gently moves the teeth to their desired positions. This way, you could wear the aligner during the treatment period and yet, nobody would know that you have it on.
Why should I choose ClearCorrect over braces?
- Traditional metal braces have been around for a long time now, and are great orthodontic aligners. However, ClearCorrect is known to be equally effective and does exceptionally well at handling dental misalignment issues.
- Braces are composed of metal/ceramic brackets and wires. They could potentially harm the soft tissues of the mouth when they press against the metal components. But, with ClearCorrect, there is no such risk involved. ClearCorrect is metal-free and doesn’t injure the soft tissues of the mouth.
- When it comes to aesthetics of the smile during treatment, braces are no match to ClearCorrect. Braces are very apparent when the patient smiles or converses with anyone. But, ClearCorrect is hard to notice, unless taken a closer look at.
- ClearCorrect is a removable aligner. It can be removed as and when required, such as while brushing the teeth or while eating food. Braces, on the other hand, are fixed and usually interrupt the patient while brushing or eating.
- During the treatment period with ClearCorrect, there is no restriction on the type of food that you eat. You can eat any food of your choice and just make sure you don’t have any debris on your teeth before putting the aligners back on. When you have braces on, the dentist would suggest you keep certain foods off your diet as they could damage or get stuck in between the braces.
We suggest patients get malocclusion treated as early as possible, which otherwise could lead to many serious issues such as a change in the facial shape, jawbone deterioration, a bad bite, etc.
Schedule an online appointment or call us at (408) 262-1710 to have a consultation with Dr. Lum.