Dental implants are the best solution to replace missing teeth as they restore the form, function, and aesthetics of natural teeth. Dental implants are surgically placed titanium posts that act as artificial roots and provide a foundation for replacement teeth. The artificial root or implant is surgically inserted into the bone at the site of the missing tooth. Implant-supported teeth look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
Can I Get Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the best treatment for patients with the following dental problems:
- Missing tooth/teeth
- Improper bite caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Loose dentures, making them more secure
- Poor chewing, eating, and speech abilities
What Is the Dental Implant Procedure?
The dental implant procedure requires several visits with Dr. Michael Lum and his team. In the first phase, an implant is surgically placed into the jawbone where the tooth or teeth are missing. The implant is left for three to six months to heal and integrate into the jawbone. This healing period is very important and allows the bone to fuse with the titanium. This will create a strong foundation for the artificial teeth. In the second phase, Dr. Michael Lum will complete the implant procedure with an artificial tooth or crown.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants have changed the lives of many people, allowing them to:
- Regain their ability to bite into and chew food just like they did with their natural teeth
- Replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even all teeth
- Benefit from improved speech
- Enjoy a well-balanced, natural, and radiant smile
- Improve their confidence
- Benefit from a fixed, permanent alternative to removable partial or complete dentures
- Improve their quality of life
Don’t let missing teeth hamper your lifestyle! Call our dentist in Milpitas, CA, at (408) 262-1710, or come in for a consultation with Dr. Michael Lum at his family and cosmetic dental office in Milpitas, CA.