Dental implants are the best solution to replace missing teeth as it restores the form, function, and aesthetics of natural teeth. Dental implants are surgically placed titanium posts that act as an artificial root and provide a foundation for the replacement teeth. The artificial root or implant is surgically inserted into the bone at the site of the missing tooth. Implant-supported teeth look, feel and function like natural teeth.
Can I get dental implants?
Dental implants are the best treatment for patients with following dental problems:
- Missing tooth/teeth
- The improper bite caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Unpleasant or embarrassing smile
- Loose dentures, making them more secure
- Poor chewing, eating, and speech
What is the Dental Implant Procedure?
The dental implant procedure requires several visits with Dr. Michael Lum and his team of surgeons. In the first phase, an implant is surgically placed into the jawbone where teeth are missing. The implant is left for 3-6 months to heal and integrate into the jaw bone. This healing period is very important and allows the bone to fuse with the titanium. This will create a strong foundation for artificial teeth. In the second phase, Dr. Michael Lum will restore the implant with an artificial tooth or crown.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants have changed the lives of many people due to:
- Regained ability to bite into and chew foods just like natural teeth
- Replaces a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even all teeth
- Improved speech
- Gives a well-balanced, natural and radiant smile
- Boosts confidence
- A fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures
- Improves quality of life
Don’t let missing teeth hamper your lifestyle, call us at (408)262-1710 or come in for a consultation with Dr. Michael Lum at his family and cosmetic dental office in Milpitas, CA.