Cavities are among the most common oral conditions and can affect individuals of all age groups. They can leave a shabby appearance on the teeth due to the erosion of the enamel and decay of the underlying tissues. If left untreated, the cavity could increase in size and severity, leaving the tooth at risk of being extracted. Hence, it is crucial to get cavities treated and restored at the earliest.
How Can Cavities Be Restored?
Restoring a cavity-infected tooth would require bringing it back to its ideal contour, structural stability, and overall appearance. You can choose from two different types of fillings depending on your preference. The materials have their own set of advantages. Composite fillings offer various benefits to the patients, making them highly preferred to restore teeth.
What Are the Advantages of Composite Fillings?
- The composite resin used to make dental fillings is biocompatible. Meaning it does not cause a toxic reaction with the tissues of the teeth and blends in perfectly.
- Composite fillings can be modified to match the same aesthetics of the natural teeth, thereby keeping them under disguise and indistinguishable when you smile or talk.
- Composite fillings are quite durable as well. With optimum care, they last for many years with negligible wear.
- Working with composite fillings is relatively easy. The dentist can prepare the filling, apply it on the prepared surface of the cavity, and contour it accordingly.
- Making repairs is easy to the filling whenever it sustains damage or wears. It is quite inexpensive, as well.
Please get in touch with our dentist in Milpitas, CA, by booking a consultation online or by calling us at (408) 262-1710, and we’ll guide you further.